The most popular FAQ: How do I get my JANM Member discount when I place an order online?
You must be an active member (if you are not sure when your membership expires, you can email us and we will check for you.)
Active JANM Members can get a 10% discount on eligible items purchased online.
At checkout, enter the code: JANM MEMBER. Your discount will appear if your membership is active in our system. There are no additional discounts on sale items or certain other products (memberships, Courtyard engravings, for example)
If the code does not work, email us at email@example.com with your name, membership number and expiration date. We will make note of your active membership and send you a link to complete the discounted transaction.
If you forget the code, we will send you a revised invoice with your discount applied and will cancel your original invoice. You will have to re-authorize the credit amount and finalize the new order. By remembering to use the discount code, you will save time by avoiding this process.
AND IF YOU ARE NOT A CURRENT MEMBER, READ ON!
Membership in JANM provides numerous benefits (*including 10% off eligible JANM Store purchases!), and supports our mission to promote understanding and appreciation of America’s ethnic and cultural diversity by sharing the experiences of Japanese Americans. Become a new Member, renew your Membership, or share JANM with a friend or loved one by giving a Gift Membership. Join today and submit your order and we will send you a revised invoice with your member discount.
General Membership Benefits include:
- Free or reduced price admission to exhibitions, public programs, workshops, and conferences
- Invitations to Members’ Exhibition Openings
- Members-only mailings including a subscription to inspire magazine and e-newsletter subscription
- 10% discount at the Museum Store and janmstore.com and 20% discount on Member Appreciation Days (some exceptions may apply)
- Special members-only discounts at participating businesses
- Complimentary access to the Hirasaki National Resource Center and member discounts on certain services
- Opportunity to join the Museum’s Volunteer Program
Membership purchases and donations to JANM are not refundable.