Item # 221201.
This image etched in sterling silver is taken from a Manzanar War Relocation Center photo by Ansel Adams. The still beauty of this park was carved out of the stark landscape of the Owens Valley by Kuichiro Nishi and the Manzanar camp internees. Constructed in 1943 and renamed Merritt Park in 1944, the 1.5-acre community park contained small lakes, extensive plantings, bridges, and a teahouse.
It is a reminder of how beauty survived even behind barbed wire. The pendant is etched on one side with the garden and on the other side with "Pleasure Park, Manzanar, CA 1943." The 1" sterling silver disk is protected with jewelry resin and hangs on an 18" Sterling chain. (Coin for scale--not included!)
Also available:Manzanar: Their Footsteps Remain Sakura Senbei Necklace